- Internal Audit
- Fraud & Audit Hotline
Fraud & Audit Hotline
The City of Clarksville is committed to conducting its affairs with high ethical standards and in compliance with the law.
If you see a City official or City employee engaging in any activity you consider to be illegal, improper, wasteful, or fraudulent, please report this activity by either:
- Calling the Fraud and Audit Hotline at 931-648-6166
- Completing the online reporting form.
What We Investigate
Illegal, improper, wasteful, or fraudulent actions by City of Clarksville employees or officials, such as:
- Conflicts of interest
- Abuse of City equipment or property
- Misuse of City property, programs, or work time for personal gain
- Gross misconduct of City officials or employees resulting in significant financial effects
- Consistent, wasteful conduct by City officials or employees with financial implications
- Kickbacks or bribes to City employees or officials
What We Do Not Investigate
- Improper activities by private citizens or private businesses
- Allegations or complaints without sufficient factual basis
- Emergencies (Please call 911 for these situations)
All Hotline and Online reports are managed by the City’s Internal Audit Department and will be investigated by that department. Depending on the nature of the issue, the report may be referred to another City department.
Other Reporting Options
Code of Ethics violations can also be reported by filing a formal ethics complaint. Procedures for filing an ethics complaint are detailed in City Code Section 1-621, linked here. These ethics complaints are evaluated as described in City Code which does not involve the City's Internal Audit Department. Ethics complaints made in this manner are not managed or investigated by Internal Audit.