Building and Codes, Memorandums, and GENERAL information
Please, frequently visit this page to stay up today with our current changes and local policies.
- No permits will be issued after 3:30 p.m.
- As of September 1, 2019 all erosion control forms must be entered online and receive approval prior to issuance of a building permit. ONLINE EROSION
- If you have a local trade card with the City of Clarksville, it is time to renew. All local cards expire September 30th, to renew please come into the City of Clarksville Building and Codes office to do so. The cost is $50.00 per trade card.
- Our department will be providing an extended time for BUILDING framing and final inspections to be submitted. Requests may be called in from 7:30-10 a.m. for a same day inspection. This covers framing, and finals for BUILDING only. Builders are encouraged to call in as early as possible.
- Requests for footings and foundations can still be made until 2:00 p.m. for a same day inspection.
- As a reminder, our office only accepts payments in person. Payments over the phone, online, or mailed in will NOT be accepted!
Beginning October 7, 2019 our office will be utilizing a new system to issue permits, our process will be changing.
- Contractors are issued an application number and a permit number. It is required to have this APPLICATION when calling in for inspections, as well as submitting anything regarding the permit.
- Building contractors will be need to give this APPLICATION number to the subcontractors on order for subs to pull permits in their trade. -No permits will be issued to subcontractors without an application number.
- It is the contractors responsibility to have the application number attached to surveys, insulation letters, street approvals, and all other forms submitted.
- Some circumstances require the permit number in addition to the APPLICATION number. Please have both ready.